Wednesday, November 5

Historical Day Ramblings

Yesterday was an historic day. The President Elect is Barac Obama. In this historic event, I believe that God has a plan. I believe that God is in control.



Romans 13:1-3 “Be a good citizen. All governments are under God. Insofar as there is peace and order, it's God's order. So live responsibly as a citizen. If you're irresponsible to the state, then you're irresponsible with God, and God will hold you responsible. Duly constituted authorities are only a threat if you're trying to get by with something. Decent citizens should have nothing to fear.”



No matter how I voted, no matter what I believe, I will serve the people of my country. I love my brothers and sisters of the UNITED States. I will follow the leadership that God has allowed to go forward in this country. I promise to pray for my president elect, and his staff. I will pray that he will be the Christian that he claims to be. As for me the little guy, the one who struggles day to day to run after Christ, I will continue down the path that God has called me too. I will adapt and overcome any and all obstacles that are placed in the way. I know who I believe, and I believe in Jesus my Christ, the one I call my savior.



Now is the time. I call my brother and sisters in Christ, fall on your knees. Lift Mr. Obama to our God. Pray for his wisdom, his knowledge, and his leadership. Pray that he will surround himself with men and women who will advise him in the ways of our God. That they will step up and protect our country, our freedoms, and the values that our country was founded upon.



It is time to set aside our vote; and time work together in love and single mindedness to go forth in the plan that God has called us too. We are to glorify our God, seek his greatness and love our brother. We are to make disciples and live in community with each other.



Do I know my neighbors? Have I sat in the front yard and just visited with those that walk by? Am I praying for those that are lost in my community? I love the American people, and I believe God has called me to be a missionary right here in my city, my neighborhood on my street. I must reach, I must cry out on their behalf.



These are the ramblings of Tom on a historical day.


Love
Tom

No comments: